Thursday 1 May 2008

Giant's Causeway



I've spent the last couple of days in Northern Ireland, and in the process I managed to fit in a detour to drive along the North Antrim coast, with very brief stops at the Giant's Causeway and Dunluce castle.

The weather could have been worse. It was mostly grey, and very windy, but without any serious rain.

It was my first visit to this part of Northern Ireland, and the scenery is certainly impressive. It was something of a flying visit, so no cycling for me, but I did see a number of touring cyclists on the road, and hence quite a parade of varied equipment. Various Dawes models seemed to be popular, and there were other brand names that were new to me - mostly fitted with what I think were Ortlieb bags.

It looked as though there was some pretty serious touring under way.

No comments: