Wednesday 21 May 2008

Florence


After my long haul on Sunday, I've only done a bit of pootling about locally on the last couple of evenings. In the process, I've tracked a few local roads that were previously missing from Open Street Map, and I added most of them to the map yesterday. That means that I was just in time to catch this week's rendering (which happens on a Wednesday).

So now my additions are available for everyone to see - complete with a stupid spelling mistake. I have fixed it now, but it will stay there for everyone else to spot until the tiles are rendered again next Wednesday. Oh well.

Adding up the distance I have ridden since January, it would get me as far as Florence on my virtual tour of Europe. No time to virtually admire the statues though - I'm now virtually heading for Rome.



Meanwhile, in the real world, the London Naked Bike Ride is only a few weeks away. Apparently "the ride is easy and upbeat, and riders decorate their bodies and bikes with messages of protest against oil dependency and car culture". There were 1,000 participants last year. I suspect I will be missing it again this time round.

P.S. This is my 100th post on this blog. How about that.

No comments: