Sunday 4 May 2008

The rolling plains of Windsor



Yesterday's ride was a very satisfying forty miles or so, trying to extend my trace of regional cycle route 52 towards Windsor, and beyond. I managed to plug some gaps in the route I have been plotting, between White Waltham and the edge of Windsor, but beyond that the trail seemed to fizzle out.

After the last signs in the western outskirts of Windsor, I tried looping round the centre, through Old Windsor, and worked my way out to Englefield Green, and then back through the park (which is great). However, I found no sign of how route 52 continues, apart from a short stretch just outside the park.

Since I got back, I've been trawling through various maps, so I've now got a few more ideas of things that I can try next time. And if all else fails, there is still plenty for me to explore in the other direction, towards Reading.

In the meantime if anyone has any ideas of where route 52 in Windsor has disappeared to, then please let me know. Or plot it on Open Street Map.

No comments: