Saturday 30 May 2009

An epic day



Today I've ticked off two more Jenkins churches (Saint George, Esher & Saint Mary, Stoke D'Abernon). I've covered another chunk of one of the cycle rides that Charles G. Harper described in 1902. And I've fitted in a few more highlights between, including taking the bike onto the water, across the river between Weybridge and Shepperton (on the ferry). All in less than 70 miles. 

My route was down the Jubilee river to Datchett, then the Thames path to Hampton Court. From there, south to Sandown Park, and Esher. Then Portsmouth Road and minor roads across country to Stoke D'Abernon. I made my way back through Cobham and Weybridge to the Thames, then Shepperton, Staines and Windsor to home. All went to plan, apart from getting a bit muddled between Staines and Egham.
 
Too much to fit into one post, so there is more to follow.

1 comment:

Gregory Marler said...

Hampton is my holiday home (non term time with the parents).