Wednesday 16 June 2010

Bath Road Milestones

I did a 20 mile loop out to Windsor and back this evening. For a change I went out along the Bath Road so that I could mark up the rest of the old milestones between here and Slough.

This will never be one of my favourite roads - through the edges of Slough Trading estate. But it's not as bad as you might think. There's a decent cycle path for most of the way into Slough, separated from the main road by a grassy verge. After leaving Slough it was a lovely evening to come home via Eton and Windsor, with the old buildings looking magnificent in low sunlight.

As the map shows I think I've now marked all the milestones from Slough to beyond Twyford, and it looks as though the complete set is still in place (though one is looking a bit wonky). The next step will take me a bit further afield.

No comments: