Wednesday 21 April 2010

Almost a big day today

I bunked off work early, and did a twenty-three mile loop out to Windsor and back before dinner. On the way I managed to find another blue plaque that I'd forgotten about. It commemorates Mariquita Tennant for saving fallen women.

Until just now I thought the best thing was that for the first time this year I was on track to reach my 2010 mileage goal. It turns out that the best thing must have been something else.

For complicated and unimportant reasons my goal is to cycle 3,759 miles this year. Today I passed 1,091 miles. Unfortunately I now realise that's only 29% of my target in 30% of the year. Not for the first time I'd made a mistake in a spreadsheet, and I'm still short of where I want to be.

Looking on the bright side, I'm just going to have to bunk off work early again tomorrow.

No comments: