Thursday 1 January 2009

We're going to have a resolution

For the record (and to prevent cop-outs) my cycling goals for 2009 are:
  • Riding a total distance of at least 3,249 miles
  • Reaching an Eddington number of 40
  • At least one ride of 100 miles
  • Visting the next 12 churches on Simon Jenkins' list of England's best
  • Taking enough time out to cover one of the Sustrans long distance cycle routes (probably Coast and Castles)
As a side effect of the cycling, I'm hoping to get within 5.5 inches of the ideal height for my weight. 

I'm also going to try and fill gaps in Open Streetmap within 10 miles of home, starting with any to the North-West, because those are the best rides, and I'd like to retrace more of the routes around London that Charles Harper originally charted in 1902.

The bike has stayed in the shed for the first day of 2009, so there are just 364 days left, and time is running out...

Happy new year.

1 comment: