Monday 4 February 2008

A place for everything



Let's examine my new bar bag.

The first neat thing is that my existing bar bag and this one clip onto the same bracket, so I can easily switch between different sizes, depending on how much I need to carry.

The second neat thing is that there are separate pockets with just enough room for my glasses, a puncture repair kit, my mobile phone, and a map, while the main compartment is big enough to hold my wallet and the camera, leaving just enough room for a couple of pork pies (or an apple and a banana).

Apparently a bar bag is the best place for a camera because the mount absorbs the worst of the vibration. Unlike putting the camera in a bag on the pannier, it also means that it is easily accessible without having to dismount.

To fit the new bag, I had to move around the other stuff on the handlebars, but after a bit of fiddling around, it all seems to be fairly well organised now.

No comments: