Monday 25 February 2008

And the award for best acceptance speech goes to...

I wouldn't be here tonight, if it wasn't for my inspiring parents, who bought me my first bike, and taught me to ride it.

Nor would this be possible without the love of my family. I want to thank my beautiful wife for her patience, tolerance, and enduring support. I'd like to thank my daughter for asking the interesting and important questions, like "where did you go" and "what did you see today" rather than "how far did you ride"; and my son for his encouragement, and for his example. I also thank all the other family members who make up most of this blog's readership.

I'd like to thank the greatest employer ever: a talented, wise, kind, generous and sensitive man; and our wonderful clients for supporting this lifestyle.

I am grateful to the many, many dear friends who take the trouble to read this, but unfortunately could not be here tonight. You are with us in our thoughts.

Oh, and I would like to thank the academy from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you so much everybody, I feel truly blessed.

(exits, sobbing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome.

Helen