Tuesday 14 April 2009

Another screamer

This evening I did a quick thirteen mile loop round the edge of Maidenhead at about 5:30 and met all the frustrated drivers on their way home. There were a couple of close shaves with motorists in too much of a hurry, but the unpleasant incident was a woman in a blue VW beetle who wound down her window and had a good shout at me for some reason. I'm not sure what I was supposed to have done wrong, but something had obviously upset her, and she really let rip.

It was a bit of a Basil Fawlty / Victor Meldrew moment, and by the time I got home I couldn't help feeling sorry for someone who felt she needed to let that amount of venom out of her system. Then I discovered this on Twitter from Jack Thurston at the Bike show

You have to laff.


No comments: