Wednesday 22 October 2008

Hi ho silver



I work from home, and at the moment, if the weather is decent, I am trying to finish work by 5:30, then get out for an hour on the bike before dinner. By the time I get back, the meal is almost ready, and there is just time to put the bike away and scrub up before we eat. 

As I put the bike away, the same thought keeps coming into my head:

"A good cowboy always stables his horse before he eats" 

Goodness knows where that comes from. 

I know that I was a bit of a fan of the Lone Ranger when I was little, and I can only think that my parents told me how to be like a good cowboy to encourage me to tidy my trike away at the end of the day. 

If I am right, then this thought has been hidden away in some crevice of my mind for the best part of 50 years. It leaves me wondering what else is lurking in there, waiting to surface.

"Who was that masked man?"
"Why, he's the Lone Ranger!"

No comments: