Wednesday 17 June 2009

Seer Green


I had a nice long evening ride after dinner yesterday. I went out to Seer Green, through Burnham and Beaconsfield, then back through Jordans, Wooburn Green, Bourne End and Cookham.

Seer Green is pleasant enough, but as far as I know there isn't anything remarkable about it. I chose the destination because it is one of the few settlements around here that hasn't been covered very well on Open Street Map. I haven't been contributing much to the map recently, but I have now managed to add quite a few more roads. This morning I see that my additions have already started to appear. But Seer Green still isn't completely mapped, even at the most basic level. There is plenty more to do, so there is an excuse for at least one more outing along the same lines.

By the time I got home I had covered just over 30 miles, and it was getting late. As it began to go dark I realised that the batteries in the front light were flat, so I had to make a small diversion to buy some replacements. I really ought to have checked them first.

Otherwise the only event of note was spotting a fox in the woods near Jordans. The pleasure of the evening wasn't in the highlights: but it felt good to have a decent stretch, on a lovely evening.

1 comment:

townmouse said...

Hmm. Plenty more mapping to do up here. Perhaps your next cycling holiday?