Tuesday 16 July 2019

River Till

The plan today was to stick the bike on the back of the car, and try part of NCN68 a bit further north than the section that I rode a few weeks ago. However, as I drove north the sky went dark and there was a heavy shower of rain. Instead of stopping near Ford, and getting soaked as I worked north, I thought it better to carry on driving until the rain stopped, then work south.

The rain had pretty much stopped by the time I reached Norham. From there I followed NCN68 south, to Etal then back. It was a nice ride, with a particularly lovely section following the bank of the River Till.

In a few days time I'll complete my first two months back on the bike. Fourteen miles today takes the total distance past 200 miles. That doesn't sound much, but the air was humid and the landscape crinkly enough to make it feel like more. And the extended journey meant that I got home later than I planned, but as content as I hoped (and I didn't get soaked).

No comments: