Wednesday 2 July 2008

Tap water



This evening I had another crack at using the GPS to race myself round my Winter Hill loop. Regular visitors will know that I have gradually been bringing down the time it takes me to get round this ten mile route. It's been a couple of weeks since I last tried, and I thought it might have got easier - so I was a bit disappointed at how hard I found it this evening. In the end it took me slightly longer than last time . So further improvement will have to wait for another day.

The odd thing about the journey this evening was that they are preparing to re-surface the road from Winter Hill to Cookham tomorrow, and they have already put out signs setting a speed limit of 10mph. Sod that, I thought to myself, and for a few happy miles I was passing speed restrictions at more than 50% over the limit. It's not every day you get to do that on a bike.

It was a warm evening, and I had worked up quite a glow by the time I got home. Nothing tastes quite as good as a large glass of cool tap water at that point. But a picture of a tap would be just a little bit too boring. So this is a dragon-shaped water pump in the street that I saw on last year's trip to Poland.

No comments: